Content and information you share
You are the owner of all the content and information you share in Otro.
You may be asked for permission to access your content and information, including content others have shared with you.
We may use your feedback without any obligation for compensation.
Our mission is to keep Otro safe, but your help is essential and includes hereunder commitments.
- You must be 13 years or older to use Otro, if you are younger than 13 years old, you need to ask your parent for permission.
- You may not post content that contains nudity, graphic violence or indicates threatening or bullying in any way.
- You are solely responsible for any activity you do in Otro, including but not limited to data, text, information, screen name, graphics, photos, profiles, links, voice recordings, locations.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure and may not do anything that might put the security of your account or the use of Otro at risk. Also you will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You must not abuse, bully, impersonate, or intimidate other Otro users from your friends list. If you feel someone has violated these Terms, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to explain what the alleged user did, attach a screenshot, your name, the other user’s name, and state you are doing this with good intentions. We can’t guarantee we will warn or delete the accused account, especially if you don’t provide us with this information.
- You may not use Otro for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory use. You agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Otro or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Otro. You must not do anything that will misrepresent Otro or spread false rumours or engage in activities we think of as inappropriate.
- You must not access Otro’s private API by any other means other than the Otro application itself.
- You must not crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Otro including but not limited to user profiles and photos. You must not disable, overburden, or impair the performance or appearance of Otro, including but not limited to a denial of service attack or interference with any Otro functionality.
- You must not transmit worms, viruses or any malicious code.
- You must not violate or encourage violation of these Terms. Violation will result in the termination of your Otro account. Deleting a user’s account also means loss of data in Otro (i.e. message history, photos, character design, and such). You understand and agree that Otro cannot be responsible for the posted content and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You understand and agree that you use Otro at your own risk.
- Please be aware your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as data charges, will apply, in particular if you are not using a proper working wifi connection.
- By using Otro you agree that the app may download and install upgrades, updates, and additional features in order to improve and enhance your experience.
- You will not modify, derive, decompile or in any other way attempt to extract source code from Otro.
- We reserve the right to alter these Terms at any time. If the alteration comprises of a material change, we might notify you in an update or message in Otro. The material change will be determined at our sole discretion and in good faith.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate Otro service for any reason, without notice at any time including, but not limited to, if there is a reasonable belief you have violated the Terms, created risk or possible legal exposure, or Otro’s provision of the services is no longer commercially viable. In regards to these cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, the license to use the services.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to delete accounts that become inactive, violate any applicable laws, or may mislead other users. We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts that we determine in our sole discretion as unlawful, offensive, threatening, defamatory, obscene or otherwise violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms.
Proprietary Rights in Content
- Otro does not claim any ownership rights in the text, photos, voice recordings, or any other materials you post on or through Otro. By posting such content, you hereby grant Otro the authority to modify or delete it in accordance with these Terms or the functionality of Otro, in example but not limited to deleting your content if you are reported and confirmed as an infringer.
- We will not use your content for marketing means, as it is private. But with publicly sharing your content (in example but not limited to online blogs, websites, social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram), you hereby grant Otro a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the site in any media formats through any media channels. Content not shared publicly will not be distributed outside Otro.
- You represent and warrant that the posting and use of your content on or through Otro does not violate the privacy rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of content you exchange through Otro.
- Otro contains Otro Content. Otro Content is protected by copyright and other laws. Otro owns and retains all rights in the Otro Content and the Otro Services. Otro hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the Otro Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with using Otro.
- Except as provided within these terms you may not use the contents beyond the scope of the intended use (including but not limited to copying, transmission, reproduction, modification).
- We strive to keep Otro bug-free and safe, but you use it at own risk. We provide Otro as is without any express or implied warranties. We do not guarantee that Otro will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. We will normally only delete content that violates these terms, but we reserve the right to delete any content for any reason, without prior notice. Presuming that users wish to back-up the posted content, they are allowed to, however they will need to do so themselves.
- Otro makes no warranty and disclaims all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, security, and will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, discontinuation of Otro, or for the loss of any content. We are not responsible for any actions, content, or information of third parties, and you release us from any claims and known or unknown damages, in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third party. We will not be liable for any lost profits or other damages in connection with this statement.
- Users may end the Terms at any time for any reason by discontinuing the use of Otro.
Contact us via email@example.com for any questions in regards with these Terms.
What others see about you?
Upon pressing on your profile photo, your friends can view your profile information (photo, your character, name, birthday, description). All this information can be filled and edited in Otro’s Settings. You can also see your friends profile by pressing on their profile photo or their name in chat.
When chatting with a friend your friend views the content you’ve sent to him/her.
What information we collect?
Information you provide
We collect the information you provide by yourself, including when you sign up, fill out your profile, invite others to join Otro, or write feedback to us. All the information we collect is meant for understanding where we need to improve on. Your name, location, age, your contacts, and any other data within Otro (i.e. on your Profile) is used for interaction with your friends. All this data is managed by you and you choose what you submit. Your profile information is visible to your friends.
We collect information about the device you use for accessing Otro, such as the operating system, device settings, battery and signal strength, device identifiers, wifi signal. If you allow permissions, we use that information for providing the functionality of the features.
How we use this information?
We use your information combined with the information of other users for:
- improving Otro via your feedback submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- discovering the desirability of a feature
- providing a better service
- a better comprehension of our user base for future updates
- cookies and logs are used for storing your settings, usage patterns, and statistics
- the information needed for Otro features will be used in a way that enables these features to be fully functionable
- if you allow location service, we have set it by default to only when you use Otro, we will not track (look at) where you were, but we might count how many times the location feature was accessed
- if you allow microphone, recording permissions, you will be able to send a voice recording, we might count the times the feature was used
if you allow photo service, Otro will have to access your album, so you can select the photo, or it will access your camera to take a snapshot, and again we only might count the times the feature was used
- we, as in Otro staff, don’t view your content unnecessarily
Our purposes for getting any other information are: to prevent any unauthorized use, to enable a sweet and smooth service, to get statistical data, research and develop new kick-ass services, to respond better to your inquiries, to provide information, and such.
How we share information with third-party companies?
We won’t share your personal or any other information with advertising companies.
We use Layer for providing a more secure and faster communication services, they track: how many users use Otro, how many messages get sent in a month, and similar usage data.
We use Fabric for analytics and Crashalytics for tracking app crashes. With Fabric we track: how many active users we have, how many users create an otro character, do users send out invites to Facebook friends, and such.
Read these policy regularly to stay informed of any future modifications. We will try to prompt you in app or via push notification of any updates on the policy.
Cheers from Otro team and thanks for downloading and using Otro!
You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions in regards to your privacy.
Last updated: 27 Nov 2015